10 Facts About Tattoos you Might not of Known
So some people are just into tattoos for the look, some for the meaning, and some for the background and cultural meaning. Whether you are either of the three, it’s always pretty cool to check out weird facts that you might not of originally known. Below we have listed 10 of them:
- ‘Tattoo’ is one of the most misspelled words in the English language
- Your skin is pierced 100 to 3000 times per minute by a tattoo gun when you get a tattoo
- Green and yellow ink are the most difficult to remove when using laser treatment
- Even though the tattoo appears to be situated on the outer layer of skin, the ink from a tattoo is actually in the dermis, or second layer of skin, meaning there is an entire layer of fresh skin covering the tattoo
- Mike Tyson’s tattoo artist sued Warner Bros. over the Hangover 2’s use of Mike Tyson’s trademarked face tattoo
- In Japan, people displaying tattoos are banned at some beaches and most public baths because tattoos are associated with the Japanese mafia
- Adults who have tattoos are more likely to engage in riskier behavior
- Women are more likely to get their tattoos removed as compared to men
- Red ink has the highest rate of allergic reaction
- The most “tattooed” person in the world lives on the Isle of Skye in Scotland and has 99,9% of the surface of his skin covered with tattoos.
So there you have it, 10 weird or interesting facts about tattoos you may not have known. Do you have any more interesting facts or information on tattoos, or even piercings? If so drop a comment below, we’d love to hear from you!